Ordeal NIghtblade Admin replied

545 weeks ago

Hey Vanguard.
There is a lot of potential to make money on the Behemoth server, but not everyone has as many Lv 50 jobs as I do. So I wanted to start a thread to help generate some ideas for everyone to make some Gil. Please post any opportunities to make Gil that you may have come across that you think may help your fellow Company Mates. Some of the ideas I have are:

- Tomes of philosophy materials:
Back in the day you could trade 125 tomes for coke or a peacock ore and make a quick 40k. Nowadays you'll be lucky to get 14k for it (and they continue to drop, as of 12/12 some are at 8k ea.). BUT, the pieces of gear that use these materials can still be very expensive. Gear like Vanya Trousers (for dragoon) or astral rings, which can sell upwards of 1 million Gil or more with material added. These pieces can use up to 27 of these mats. However, the sheer number of mats alone isn't enough to guarantee a large profit. This is where materia comes in.

- Materia and Spiritbonding:
Some materia can be very expensive and yet relatively easy to get. For the sake of space I will not explain how to spiritbond, but there are lots of videos and guides online on how to get materia fast.
Adding the right materia to gear can significantly raise its value on the market board. I've even made money selling weapons for the relic quests, like the Aeolian scimitar with 2 parry III materias for 50k.

If you don't have a Lv 50 DoH, there are still other ways to make a lot of gil.

- Farming:
Farming has always been a good method of generating Gil. Some profitable items I've seen on this server are apkallu eggs, fleece, various meats (eft, coeurel), night milk, and boar hide (along with raptor, aldgoat, gigantoad etc).

- DoL classes:
Gathering may not seem like fun, but imo it’s the one of the best ways to make Gil. Just leveling up a DoL job will generate a sizable profit. Profitable items to gather are ores, alumen (black and white), food ingredients, logs, carbonized matter, and shards/crystals/clusters. Gathering and farming are the only ways of generating gil that are almost pure profit. The only cost is in repairing gear.

- DoH classes:
It is possible to make a profit just leveling a DoH class to 50. Check the market board history to find the right piece for you to sell at your level. Look for gear that isn't already listed by a lot of other people, isn't too expensive to make, and sells quickly. Once at 50, players can make good Gil through meld requests. I see people shouting all the time in Mor Dhona for this, offering free melds and crafts for "tips"

- Levequests:
Most people nowadays use fates and dungeons to level up there DoW and DoM classes. So what better way to use up those allowances than to level up a DoL or DoH job and make gil while doing it? DoL levequests cost no gil to complete, and can reward upwards of 700 gil each. The real gil is in DoH leve quests. Jobs like GSM get rewards of up to 2k each at the higher levels. The rewards seem to be proportionate to the cost of making the required items. The trick is making it HQ, which nets you a 200% bonus in the gil rewarded. However some DoH jobs are a little more profitable than others.

So if anyone spots a good opportunity to make gil and would like help, or would just like to share your knowledge with Vanguard, please post about it here.
I've seen Vanya gear, and both rose gold and gryphonskin accessories sell really high. Really any 2 star piece can fetch a good profit with some materia attached.

I have Blacksmith, Armorer, Leatherworker, Goldsmith, Weaver, Culinarian, Botanist, and Miner at 50.

I'll try to update this page as often as I can.

-DNight

* I cleaned up the post a bit. Typed it real quick at work and didn't notice how many errors it had in it.

last edited 544 weeks ago by Ordeal NIghtblade

544 weeks ago

Heads up!
As of this morning, farming in Costa Del Sol is crazy good. NQ Night milks from the big buffalos are selling for 900+ gil, and NQ Apkallu eggs are selling in stacks of 99 for almost 500 each! HQ's are even more valuable.

Another good item to farm is Scaleskin blood, which goes for 1k and up for NQ. I think these are dropped by sahagins.
-DNIGHT

last edited 544 weeks ago by Ordeal NIghtblade

544 weeks ago

I need full moon sardines to make deviled eggs. Anybody have fisher leveled up and can help me out? Full moon sardines are up now, going for about 500 gil each NQ. Ill buy a a few stacks from someone if they can get me a good deal. I can also trade crafts or mats for them.

anonymous replied

261 weeks ago

The procedures of Google are so well and the administration of Google dependably makes the ideal arrangement. Bunches of undertaking Google run effectively and I appreciate the foundation of Google and https://www.researchwritingkings.com/review-bestessay-com/ site provides excellent task. This is an extremely magnificent snippet of data which is profoundly prescribed.

jackie replied

210 weeks ago

Do you think it's possible? Tell me more about it. Also, use custom coursework writing service for your next posts.
Please log in to post a reply.